Henry Kramer - 1919
from the Weekly Wymorean - Jan 20, 1919
Henry Kramer residing about five miles south
and one mile east of Wymore, died at a Beatrice hospital. He was born on March
27, 1877, in South Russia. At the age of twelve, he with his parents, came
to the United States and landed in Kit Carson, Colo. At the age of sixteen
he came to Wymore, where he was married to Mrs. Minnie Behrends on Aug. 26 1914.
They lived on their farm until the time of his departure which
came on Thursday night, Jan. 16, at 11 p.m. The deceased lived around
Wymore for about twenty-six years, and his brotherly feeling and kind heart made
him a large circle of friends and was liked by all who knew him. He
gained the love and esteem of all his neighbors who knew him best. He was
a great one for social life and for a good time. He was a member of
the German Lutheran church since about the age of fifteen. He was
forty-one years, 9 months and 19 days.
He leaves to mourn his loss his bereaved wife with three step children,
Willie, Mattie and George, four sisters, Mrs. R. E. Hartwig, Mrs. John Lofink,
Mrs. John Harms of Wymore and Mrs. Max Maul of Denver, Colo., who joined the
colors with the June contingent and went across the 11th of October and was in
France at the time of his death.
father, Mr. Frank Kramer, native of Austria, and three half sister and two half
brothers of near Burlington, Colo., besides a number of uncles and aunts are
also left to mourn his death.
his mother preceded him to the everlasting and eternal life. He took sick about
Dec 1st. and gradually grew worse until death prevailed. His wife did all
she possibly could but in vain. The casket was more than covered with
beautiful carnations and other flowers. The funeral services were held
Sunday afternoon, with a short session at the huse [sic], then at the St.
Johanna's Church, which was conducted by Rev. Studier, who took for his text
Jeremiah, 29 chapter 11 verse in German and in American it was St. Matthews, 11
chapter and 28 verse. The remains were laid to rest in the St. Johannas