3/4 cups shorting
3/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla
4 teaspoons milk
2 cups sifted all purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Cream shortening, sugar, and vanilla. Add egg; beat until light and fluffy . Stir in milk. Sift together dry ingredients, blend into creamed mixture. Divide dough in half, chill 1 hour. Roll out to 1/2" thickness, cut into desired shapes. Bake on greased cookie sheet. Bake 375° for 6-8 minutes.
Simple Sugar Cookies
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift together all dry ingredients.
- Gently cut in butter into the sugar. Add the egg.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients with the milk to the butter and sugar mixture. Add extract.
- Roll out dough to 1/2-inch thick.
- Use a medium size cutter to cut dough into circles. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven of 400º F for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown.